The pace of change today is the fastest it’ll ever be. As a business executive, you need to keep your pulse on emerging trends to avoid disappointing customers and falling behind competitors. One of which is the need for smart devices that allow us to manage multiple tasks such as checking emails, messaging, booking tickets, ordering food, concluding monetary transactions from a variety of apps installed in your smart devices.
Custom mobile apps are gaining momentum these days. According to the latest stats, 7.5 hours per employee per week are saved by making use of custom mobile apps and 82% of the business owners believe that it helped them earn additional business revenues. But the main concern of all, how to create a successful mobile app. I personally feel that successful apps are the ones that feature remarkable user experiences and business transforming results, and they cannot be created overnight.
First of all, let us understand the exact role of mobile apps in business improvement
Creating a feature-rich mobile app means you are coming up with an ability to engage more potential customers and add more value to your business. Here I would like to mention a few pointers that emphasize on why developing a powerful app really a wise idea.
- Engage huge mass of customers and reach them all at one click
- Know their customer’s behavior and end up creating better marketing strategies
- Provide better customer support
- Your app will take care of everything, i.e. from eCommerce shopping to inventory management, resource management to CRM management, etc
- Lastly, it’s a good choice for managing business workflow actively
Like I said before, developing a mobile app is not an easy task. And this could become more challenging if you want to incorporate some special bunch of features into your app. Right from building layouts to entering the code works for the required framework, maintaining control flow, all these things must be considered to ensure high-quality user experience.
While developing an app
- Faster time to market- Custom business apps should be cost-effective and should even be created within a quick turnaround time so that it can go to market on the quick basis.
- Improved efficiency- Your apps need to be tweaked and corrected for better efficiency to ensure that the final solution is effective and results in distinct improvement
- Multiple network compatibility- Your app needs to be tested for multiple operations and make sure that the app works across different networks in various countries.
- Security- In the current era, apps, in general, are developed for more than a single user use hence they must offer a strong authentication and secure access to data.
- Battery life- Your app must be tested for the effect it has on battery life, as apps which drain out the battery quickly are not preferred by the users.
- Impressive UI/UX- With an attractive user interface, your app can provide a great user experience to the customers.
Custom Mobile App Development Trends to follow in 2018
- Responsive designs
- Cloud-based apps
- Social media integration
- Internet of things
- Wearable technology
- Beacon technology
- Near field communication
- Payment gateways
- App analytics and big data
I would personally like to suggest that instead of using those productivity apps such as e-mail and messenger clients, you can think of using other mobile apps such as expense trackers, dashboards, especially the ones which help them in performing specialized functions. I hope the aforementioned pointers will provide a great help to you.