After a lot of rumors which pretty much revealed everything about it, the Samsung Galaxy S9 is finally available. As we all expected, it has a price tag that will leave most of us to dream about it, at least for a few months. On the other side, a variant for those who want to get it right away is to check out the carriers’ offers, as they will give out the phone for a way better price, with a two-year contract.
As good as this sounds, there’s a big downside: the phone comes carrier locked and you need to wait until it’s over in order to ask for unlocking it. Or you can unlock Samsung Galaxy S9 all by yourself, using a code.
Don’t worry, you don’t need any technical background for this since it’s one of the easiest methods you will hear about. Just follow the steps above and you will be able to use your phone with any carrier you can think of, from all over the world
Get your code
Obviously, you need a Samsung Galaxy S9 unlock code for this, which can be obtained from UnlockUnit.com, one of the best unlocking services we could find after doing some intensive research.
To be more specific, you need to place an order for one, by completing the form with the following details:
- The name and country of the network the phone is locked on
- The IMEI, which you can find by dialing *#06#
- An email address, where you will receive the code
After providing all these, proceed to payment and choose the pricing option that suits you best.
Receive the code and insert it
Usually, you will get the code in less than an hour after placing the code, but it actually depends on the pricing option you decided upon.
In the email you’ll get from UnlockUnit, besides the code, you will also find specific instructions on how to use it to unlock your Samsung Galaxy S9.
- Insert an unsupported SIM in your phone, from another carrier, not the one you’re currently using
- Wait for a few seconds, until you see the “Enter unlock code” or “SIM network unlock” PIN message
- Right under this, you should also see a special field, where you need to type the code you received
- Press the “Unlock” button and you should see the “Unlock successful” or “Unlock request successful” message.
And this is pretty much it! You’ve managed to unlock your Samsung Galaxy S9 by code. Now you can insert a SIM from your network of choice and take full advantage of your phone. Don’t forget to add the correct APN settings as well, so you can use your data plan properly.