Summer is here! It’s time to delve into the refreshing bites of the exotic fruits and relish their unforgettable and rich taste. But while having fruits in summers can seem quite enjoyable, tasting them in varieties can add an extra dose of charm to your taste buds.
How about delighting yourself with freshly baked cakes in your favourite flavour of fruit? Sounds exciting, right? And especially if the fruit is Healthy Kiwi, it’s hard to say no to the baked delicacy.
Find out the recipe here and bake this delicious and healthy treat anytime you want right at your home. Take the guide!
Here’s What You Need
- 2 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 125 g butter
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup kiwi fruit chopped
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Cream cheese frosting
- 250 g cream cheese
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
Here’s How You Can Prepare It:
- Preheat oven at 350◦ Fahrenheit. Butter the cake pan lightly and sprinkle 1 tablespoon sifted cocoa powder, tap pans gently to coat it evenly and discard the extra cocoa.
- Now, whisk the butter and sugar together until the mixture is creamy. Add 2 eggs, one at a time and beat them vigorously until each is incorporated. Add honey and mix well.
- In another bowl, sift together baking powder, flour, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon and set aside the mixture.
- Combine the two mixtures well. Make sure no lumps are formed.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake the same for 40-45 minutes until cooked.
Note: Check the doneness of the cake by inserting the skewer into the centre of the cake. If the cake is done, the sweker would come out clean.
- When the cake is done, let the cake cool in the rack for 10 minutes.
- For the cream cheese frosting, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add caster sugar and lemon juice and continue until a smooth frosting is formed.
- Now, when the cake is cooled, cover the top and sides of the cake with frosting and decorate with kiwi slices.
- Place the cake in the refrigerator and serve after a while.
This baked treat is a healthy alternative to your daily dose of fruits. And with Mother’s Day approaching, why not give it a try and let your mom be worry free about extra calories? Running short of time, order this Kiwi cake from Bakingo in Gurgaon or any other city and celebrate her day in the most wonderful way.