If your skin is too oily then you might be suffering from the problem of acne. It is the 8th most common condition in the world from which we all struggle at least once in our life. Oily skin is more prone to acne breakouts and at times it can be extremely irritating.
What Causes The Skin To Be So Oily?
Our body naturally produces oil to keep the skin soft and supple but in some individuals, the glands that produces the oil secretes excess of it. The oil is called sebum and when excess sebum is produced by the skin then it causes the skin to be oily.
During puberty, our body releases several hormones that controls the production of sebum within the pores. One of the most common hormones, the Androgen signals the maturation of the skin’s sebaceous glands. When these glands mature, the production of oil increases. The excess oil can most commonly be seen in the nose.
How To Treat Acne With Tea Tree Oil?
Tea tree oil is the best treatment option for acne. Tea tree oil helps to disinfect the skin because of its antibacterial properties and unblocks the sebaceous glands allowing the skin to breathe. When no impurities remain trapped in the skin, the occurrence of pimples decreases rapidly.
Tea tree oil helps to destroy the acne-causing bacteria that lives inside the hair follicles and helps to treat inflammation caused due to the formation of cysts. The healing powers of tea tree oil soothes the skin and helps to dry out whiteheads, blackheads, and pimples.
Treating Acne With DNA Test
You can improve your overall skin health with diet recommendations tailored to your DNA. You can get your own DNA Test Kit from Vitagene which includes diet, skin, supplement, fitness and supplementary report. The report will cover all the genetic risk for common skin conditions (traits). It will also suggest diet plans and skincare recommendations for optimal skin health.
With the right skin care practice, you can keep your skin dry. With dry skin, there will be less occurence of pimples and scars. Below are some effective ways to keep your skin dry:
- Cleanse your face twice a day with a mild cleanser and apply honey as it acts as a natural moisturizer without over drying your face.
- Use a skin toner made for oily skin types as it will help you to remove oils from the pores of the skin and keep them open.
- Use warm water instead of hot water.
- Drink lots of water.
- Use oil free moisturizers and water based skin care products. If you continue to use your normal face cream containing lots of oils then nothing will change.
- Do not scrub your skin too often as it can break the pimples and leave scars on your face which are hard to remove.
- Apply aloe vera gel in your face to keep it moisturized.
- Apply sandalwood face pack to naturally cool your skin and keep it dry.